Monday, December 11, 2017

My Favorite Things -- Release Replay!!

Hello friends!

Print

The My Favorite Things Design Team is taking a fresh look at the December Release and coming up with more craft inspiration for you all!!  My project features the new Painted Flowers Stamp Set.  I am sooo in love with the beautiful multi-step flowers that are included in this stamp set!  You can stamp as many or as few layers of the images that you like, and get a different result every single time – which is sooo fun!

KKL_DEC1117-Release-Replay

I stamped out three of the flower images from the Painted Flowers Stamp Set using two of the four layer images.  With the notched edge on the stamps and coordinating dies, it’s SUPER easy to align the layers and figure out how the dies fit!  I just love that about the Smart Align feature of these stamps and dies!  Another fun thing that I did to create this card is I die cut the curved stitched edge of the Smooth White image panel using the Stitched Basic Edges Die-Namics, and then I die cut another piece of Smooth White Card Stock using the Stitched Scallop Edges Die-Namics, leaving a pretty narrow margin above the scalloped edge with my trimmer.  I then used my scissors to snip the straight edge of the die cut at the tips of each scallop.  This allows the strip to be curved to fit the curve of the image panel.  I adhered the scalloped strip to the curved edge of the image panel with some Scor-Tape.  I love the softness that the scalloped edge adds to those ethereal flowers.  I’ve listed and linked all of the products that I used below.

Please click on through to the MFT Design Blog to be linked to the other great projects that my teammates have created for your inspiration using the December Release!

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’m scurrying around like a madwoman in anticipation of heading to Seattle for the holidays with our kids on Friday!  I cannot wait!  I’ll be back again soon with more crafty goodness to share!  I hope you’ll come back to visit again soon!

PRODUCTS USED:

No comments: