Monday, August 7, 2017

My Favorite Things–Countdown Day 1!

Hola chicas!!

Print

Today’s the day, friends!!  The August Release for My Favorite Things will finally be available for purchase tonight at 9:00 PM EDT!!  But first, the team is here to share Countdown Day 1 projects featuring the last of the August Release products!

KKL_AUG0717-CD-Day-1

I decided to make a British mailbox – or my version of one – with the Big Birthday Wishes Stamp Set, the Mail Delivery Die-Namics, and the Mini Mail Die-Namics!  Here’s how I created my project:

  1. Trim a 4.25” x 11” card base from Smooth White Card StockScore at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Die cut the outside edge of a 4.25” x 5.5” panel of Poppy Card Stock using the stitched rectangle die from the Blueprints 26 Die-NamicsStamp the “Sending You Love” and “On Your Birthday” sentiments from the Big Birthday Wishes Stamp Set using VersaMark Ink, and heat emboss them with Gold Embossing Powder.
  3. Die cut an aperture from the image panel using the rectangle die from the Mail Delivery Die-Namics.  Die cut the mail slot from Poppy Card Stock using the other dies from the Mail Delivery Die-Namics.  Adhere the mail slot to the image panel using Multi Medium Matte adhesive. Adhere the tab to the mail slot using more Multi Medium Matte adhesive.
  4. Die cut the word “MAIL” from Brushed Gold Card Stock using the Mail Delivery Die-Namics, and adhere it to the mail slot with Multi Medium Matte adhesive.
  5. Die cut a frame from Poppy Card Stock using the Single Stitch Line Rounded Rectangle Frames Die-Namics.  Adhere it to the image panel using foam tape.
  6. Adhere the image panel to the card base using foam squares.
  7. Die cut the envelope from Smooth White Card Stock using the Mini Mail Die-NamicsStamp the “Sealed with a Wish” sentiment from the Big Birthday Wishes Stamp Set onto the front of the envelope using VersaMark Ink, and heat emboss it with Gold Embossing Powder.  Assemble the envelope with Multi Medium Matte adhesive.  Die cut the stamp and seal from Brushed Gold Card Stock, using the Mini Mail Die-Namics, and adhere them to the mini envelope with Multi Medium Matte adhesive.  Slip the mini envelope into the mail slot – it should stay in place on it’s own because of the bulk.

Fun, right?!  I have to thank my friend, Sarah, for giving me the idea to make an English Mailbox!  When I looked up the image on Google, I just knew I had to make one!!  I’ve listed and linked all of the products that I used below.  Please click on through to the MFT Design Blog to be linked to the other Countdown Day 1 projects that my teammates have created for your inspiration!  And be sure to leave some love along the way to be eligible for a $75 Gift Voucher from My Favorite Things!

That’s it for me!  I’ll be back later today to share my New Product Launch project with you, so I hope you’ll come back then!  Have a great day!

PRODUCTS USED:

Smooth White Card Stock
Smooth White Card Stock

MFT
Scor-Buddy
Scor-Buddy

MFT
Teflon Bone Folder
Teflon Bone Folder

MFT
Mini MISTI
Mini MISTI

MFT
Mini MISTI Mouse Pad
Mini MISTI Mouse Pad

MFT
MISTI Creative Corners
MISTI Creative Corners

MFT
Mini MISTI Grid Pad
Mini MISTI Grid Pad

MFT
Foam Squares
Foam Squares

MFT
Multi Medium Matte
Multi Medium Matte

MFT
Fineline Glue Bottle
Fineline Glue Bottle

MFT
Embossing Powder Tool
Embossing Powder Tool

MFT
VersaMark Ink
VersaMark Ink

MFT
Poppy Card Stock
Poppy Card Stock

MFT
Big Birthday Wishes Stamp Set
Big Birthday Wishes Stamp Set

MFT
Mail Delivery Die-Namics
Mail Delivery Die-Namics

MFT
Mini Mail Die-Namics
Mini Mail Die-Namics

MFT
Blueprints 26 Die-Namics
Blueprints 26 Die-Namics

MFT
Single Stitch Line Rounded Rectangle Frames Die-Namics
Single Stitch Line Rounded Rectangle Frames Die-Namics

MFT
Brushed Gold Card Stock
Brushed Gold Card Stock

MFT
Gold Embossing Powder
Gold Embossing Powder

MFT

2 comments:

Greta said...

LOVE this beautiful card! Gold, red & white--perfect color combo! PS--I kept going back to look at your sketch challenge card & finally used it for inspiration at the last minute--thank you!

Becky said...

I love this mail slot die and your mail box shaped card covered with embossed sentiments is a birthday gift in itself